If a passenger wishes to make a complaint to the Carrier pursuant to Regulation EU 1177/2010, he/she may submit it within two months from the date on which the service was or should have been provided. Within one month of receiving the complaint, the Carrier shall notify the passenger that the complaint has been upheld, rejected or is still under consideration. The time required to provide a final response to the complaint shall not exceed two months from its receipt.
According to Measure 1, paragraph 2 of Annex A of ART Resolution No. 83/2019, the following provisions apply to passengers travelling on the following transport services whose port of embarkation is located in Italian territory:
-Ancona - Igoumenitsa;
-Ancona - Corfu;
-Brindisi - Igoumenitsa;
-Brindisi - Corfu;
-Brindisi - Patras.
Complaints can be sent in Italian and/or English:
- by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via certified mail to: email@example.com
- by ordinary / registered mail to: Grimaldi Euromed SpA, via Marchese Campodisola n. 13, 80133 Naples.
The passenger may use the appropriate form downloadable at the following link [PF1] or send a communication to the Carrier containing at least:
- the passenger's identification details (name, surname, address), enclosing a copy of the identification document, as well as the identification details of the representative, if applicable, by attaching the power of attorney;
- the identification references of the journey (date, time of departure, origin and destination) and of the transport contract (reservation code or ticket number);
- the description of the non-compliance of the service with the requirements defined by European or national legislation and general conditions of transport.
In the event of failure to reply to the complaint within the aforementioned time limits, where the complaint has been submitted in full and in the manner indicated above, or where the reply is deemed unsatisfactory, the passenger may
- use an out-of-court dispute resolution procedure before the bodies covered by the Transport Regulatory Authority's Resolution No. 21/2023;
- submit a complaint of second instance to the competent national authority of the European Union Member State in whose territory the port of departure is located, or the port of destination if the port of departure is located in a country outside the European Union, in accordance with the procedures indicated by the competent authority (for Italy, the Transport Regulatory Authority, see https://www.autorita-trasporti.it/trasporto-via-mare-e-per-vie-navigabili-interne/ ; for other Member States, see https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/themes/passengers/maritime/doc/2010_1177_national_enforcement_bodies.pdf).
In the event of a delay in the Carrier's response to the complaint, if the port of departure is in Italy (or the port of destination if the port of departure is in a country outside the European Union), the passenger will be entitled to automatic compensation as provided for by Measure 5 of ART Resolution No. 83/2019 available on the Authority's website, at the following link: https://www.autorita-trasporti.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/All.-A-delibera-n.-83_2019.pdf.
As an alternative to the above channels, passengers who purchased their ticket online may submit any complaints through the 'ODR platform' (Online Dispute Resolution) after registering via the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=IT
For provisions on handling complaints concerning passenger services on Adriatic Lines departing from Greece, please refer to the section on Domestic Lines.
The passenger may send a notice to the Carrier at firstname.lastname@example.org, containing at least the following:
-A reservation or ticket number;
-The first and last name of the ticket holder;
-The date of the trip;
-The reason for the statement.
For Greece, the national body for the enforcement of Regulation (EU) No. 1177/2010 is the Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy (website links: www.hcg.gr; www.yen.gr), which can be contacted at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The relevant legislation under Regulation (EU) No 1177/2010 is set out below:
-Ministerial Decision Ref.No. 3332.12/05/13/14-06-2013 /Gazette B' 1453);
-Circular Ref.No. 3332.12/10/13/27-09-2013.