EXTRAORDINARY MEASURES TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS
In force from the day the trips are allowed again until 15/07/2020
In order to ensure the utmost in health safety standards and guarantee the serenity of a safe journey to all passengers, the Company:
- will operate its ships at 50% of the maximum permitted passenger capacity;
- will provide a complementary kit of personal protective equipment, including gloves and masks, for all passengers at the time of boarding that shall be used during their stay on board;
- will take temperature readings before passengers board. Anyone with a temperature over 37.5 ° C will not be allowed to board;
- will arrange for all passengers to provide a self-certification form upon boarding declaring that they do not have any symptoms similar to those caused by the coronavirus and that they have not been in contact with people who have tested positive or are presumed to be so;
- will ensure that the ship’s doctor will be present, regardless of the number of passengers on board;
- has provided for the exclusive use of cabins (same family unit only);
- has introduced specific protocols for the careful sanitisation of cabins and on-board areas;
- has introduced specific health monitoring protocols for shipboard personnel;
- has provided the crews with tools and training aimed at limiting the risk of contagion;
- has paid particular attention to training its crews to ensure assistance to passengers and for compliance with prevention, containment and emergency management measures.
CHECK-IN AND BOARDING
In order to avoid people gathering in crowds and in compliance with safe social distancing, passengers must check in on time to ensure that all control and boarding activities can be completed. Passengers must check in wearing masks (including children 6 years old and up).
The Company has prepared a complementary kit (masks, gloves) for all passengers who do not have their own.
Those travelling with their car may preferably check-in while remaining in their vehicle and will receive from the control officer (checking documents and tickets) a sticker with the cabin number to bring with them and another to stick on the car; at the ramp, the driver parks the car in the garage.
Passengers will only need to go to the ticket office if they have to make changes or additions to the ticket.
The staff in charge of fast check-in will wear personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks, limiting contact with the documents to be checked as much as possible.
All passengers must arrive for boarding with a completed self-certification form provided by the Company. Before boarding all passengers will have their temperature taken. Anyone with a temperature over 37.5 ° C, will not be allowed to board.
RECEPTION ON BOARD
In order to speed up boarding – carried out strictly in compliance with safe social distancing and wearing masks – all the information that can be sent by the Company to the passenger and vice versa before departure is exchanged electronically at the time of booking. Cabins are assigned in advance.
Passengers are frequently reminded to comply with behaviour and social distancing rules through the use of public announcements, informative flyers, posted in the public areas of the ship, and through a memo in the cabin.
In corridors, at reception and in all common areas, including lifts, it is always mandatory to respect safe social distancing of at least one meter between passengers. To facilitate compliance with this rule, barriers (Tendiflex) and signs will be used. All reception staff on board will wear personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks. Disinfectant gel dispensers have been positioned at various points on the ship.
CLEANING AND SANITISATION OF CABINS AND COMMON AREAS
All areas of the ship, public or for private use, will be subject to regular sanitisation specifically to contrast bacterial and viral agents. All activities will be carried out by operators equipped with appropriate personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks.
Access to and the use of tables in restaurants and bars is limited to avoid gatherings and allowing safe social distancing of at least one meter between each customer, except in cases of families or relatives. The crew on board will ensure people do not gather in groups.
The opening hours of the catering services will be adequate to the number of passengers and to ensure compliance with the criteria of social distancing.
Room Service has been enhanced and the offer extended to include all the ship's food services, including those on the external decks, to facilitate the purchase and consumption of meals.
The kitchen and service staff at the self service areas and those serving at the tables wear personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks and regularly sanitise the surfaces.
For the purchase of extra services on board, the use of contactless credit cards is encouraged to minimize contacts and the circulation of money.
PAX-OUT AND DISEMBARKATION
Pax-out and disembarkation are organised in such a way as to avoid people gathering in crowds and in compliance with safe social distancing. On-board staff will be present to assist with operations to regulate the flow of people.
The Company has introduced health protocols to monitor crew health on board, in order to minimise any health risks to passengers and staff. Our crew will comply with safe social distancing, the obligation to wear disposable masks and gloves, use disinfectant gels, and with follow scrupulous cleaning and personal hygiene protocols.