Terms and Conditions
According to the S.O.L.A.S. regulation, the P.D. 23/99 of the Greek state and the European Union Communal Instruction 98/41, it is now mandatory, for reasons of safety, to state the following information when making your reservation: Surname,Name (Initial), Gender, Age category (Adult, Child, Infant), Telephone number, e-mail address, Type of vehicle and Plate number. Passengers who are not residents or nationals of an EU member state are also required to provide additional information such as: Nationality, Passport number and Date of birth. Passengers requiring special care must notify their travel agent or the Company’s main reservation offices.
Passengers' contact information: We advise passengers, upon purchasing their tickets, to provide the issuing agency with their telephone number, (preferably their mobile phone number) so that they are informed in case of delay, cancellation or suspension of the itineraries. In case that passengers do not wish to provide any contact information, the Company does not assume any liability since the passengers will not be informed in case of delay, cancellation or suspension of the itineraries.
• Reservations and bookings can be made through all Central agencies, cooperating travel agencies, the Central reservation offices, the Port offices of the Company as well as the official Minoan Lines website at www.minoan.gr.
• The ticket is issued in the passenger’s name and is strictly personal. It is not transferable and is valid only for the specific accommodation and the route it has been issued for. Any change must be reported to the issuing Agent, the Central reservation offices or the Port offices.
• Passengers with “open date” tickets should confirm their new reservations well in advance especially during high season. Such tickets are valid for one year after the scheduled departure date, if it is written on the tickets. If no scheduled departure date is mentioned, then they are valid for one year after the issuing date. Any difference in price is paid by the passenger and the ticket should be validated by the issuing agency, the Central reservation office or the Port office.
• From the date of the ticket issue and up to 14 days before the scheduled departure, the fare of the ticket is fully refundable.
• From 13 days up to 7 days before the scheduled departure: 75% refund.
• From 6 days up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure: 50% refund.
• In less than 12 hours of the scheduled departure: the fare is not refunded.
• From the date of the ticket issue and up to 30 days before the scheduled departure, the fare of the ticket is fully refundable.
• From 29 days up to 7 days before the scheduled departure: 75% refund.
• From 6 days up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure: 50% refund.
• In less than 24 hours of the scheduled departure: the fare is not refunded.
• Tickets can be refunded only by the issuing agency.
• NON-SHOW and OPEN date tickets (on both lines) are not refundable.
• SPECIAL OFFER tickets (i.e: EARLY BOOKING) are subject to special cancellation terms.
• In the event of ticket loss, passengers must notify either the issuing Travel Agency or the Company.
• The tariffs include sea passage and port taxes (domestic & international routes) in selected accommodation arrangements. Meals and beverages are not included.
• The 30% return trip discount is offered exclusively for the return fare of international routes when a round trip fare is booked; it is valid for any port of return. All other discounts are not cumulative and only one of them is granted at a time, when applicable conditions are met.
• Passengers entitled to discounted fares are kindly requested to state it at the time of booking. Once the ticket has been issued, no refunds are allowed for price differences.
• Groups, trucks, buses and unescorted vehicles are subject to special agreements.
• Cabins are characterized as a single bed or 2/3/4/5-berth depending on the number of passengers occupying them, not on the number of beds.
• Children under the age of 4 travel free of charge and are not entitled to a berth or a seat. However, a free ticket must be issued for embarkation.
• 50% discount is granted to children 4 - 16 years old for all accommodation categories. Children must always be accompanied by an adult.
• The identity of minors under the age of 12 is verified by showing their identity card or passport. For domestic travels any other official document and/ or relevant identification certificate issued by the Citizens’ Service Centers (KEP) or the Police are accepted.
• Minors under the age of 12 are accompanied by an adult who is not their parent or legal guardian, provided a statement of the parents or the legal guardians is submitted to the Company, validated for signature authenticity, stating that they permit the said person to accompany their child during this trip.
• The identity of minors over the age of 12 is verified by showing their identity card or passport.
• The Company does not permit unaccompanied minors who are not over the age of 16 to travel on their own. They should always be accompanied by an adult passenger, i.e. a person over the age of 18.
• For minors who are over the age of 16 (16-18 years old) to be able to travel without their parents or legal guardian, a statement should be submitted to the Company, legally validated for signature authenticity, of both parents or legal guardian, that they consent to the minor’s transportation and that they acknowledge that it is not possible for the minor to be under the supervision of the Captain and/ or the officers and/ or crew members during the trip, up to disembarkation at the port of destination. Related statements are available at the Company’s offices (customer service, +30 2810 399855, +30 2810 399941, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Parents or legal guardians of minors bear full responsibility for the acquisition and possession -before minors embark on their journey- of the appropriate, lawful and valid travel documents and all accompanying documents that may be required at the port of destination . Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable if the authorities at the port of destination consider the said documents not sufficient.
• In compliance with the Council Regulation (EC) No 2252/2004, under aged passengers must have their own travel documents to embark. (see : PASSPORT)
• Children under the age of 12 are not accepted on board without being accompanied by an adult person. If the adult is not one of the two parents, a written authorization, signed by both parents, has to be remitted to the Master or the Purser of the vessel. Photostat copy of a valid ID document of both parents has to be enclosed to this authorization. In case of non-European citizens, a Photostat copy of the Aliens Certificate of Registration of the parent on whose certificate the child is registered has to be enclosed too.
• Under aged passengers of more than 12 years of age can travel unaccompanied on the condition they remit to the Master or the Purser of the vessel a declaration signed by both parents, with which the parents assume all responsibilities for any damage at the person or caused by the person to third party. Photostat copy of a valid ID document of both parents has to be enclosed to this authorization. In case of non-European citizens, a photostat copy of the Aliens Certificate of Registration of the parent on whose certificate the child is registered has to be enclosed too.
• Under no circumstances can the Master or any crew member of the vessel take into custody the under aged passenger. Furthermore the under aged passenger has to be in possession of all necessary documentation required by the country of destination.
The Carrier does not assume any liability in case the Authorities in the port of destination do not consider sufficient such documentation.
• For citizens of an EU country travelling to EU countries, a valid ID-card or a valid passport is required. Citizens of a non-European country subject to visa obligation in the Schengen zone need a valid passport and a residence permit or visa of the country belonging to the Schengen zone.
• Before embarking passengers must ensure they have all the necessary documents for their disembarkation at the port of destination. The Carrier shall not be held responsible in case a passenger is denied disembarkation by local authorities due to lack of the necessary documents for entry in the country of destination.
According to the Directive 98/41/EC and article 5 of Presidential Decree 23/1999 (Government Gazette A'17), passengers' data will be confirmed during the process of embarkation (check-in) on board. All passengers while boarding the ship, along with their ticket should present their Identity Card, or other official proof of certification element of their identity. In case of denied boarding by the authorized officers of the vessel, consequence of the above, will result the in the loss of the passenger fare.
Passengers and vehicles must report at the port offices for check-in:
• At least one hour (1) before departure for passengers of domestic routes and two (2) hours for passengers of international routes. Otherwise the Company reserves the right to grant the reserved accomodation without any refund to the passenger.
• For vehicles, boarding time and priority list is subject to the local port authority regulations at the port of departure. Vehicle operators are responsible for their vehicle’s embarkation according to the ship’s crew instructions.
• Vehicle passengers should exit the vehicle before embarkation.
• Vehicle category and plate number is displayed on the ticket upon passenger’s declaration.
• Neither the carrier nor the ship are liable for any accident, loss or damage occurring prior to boarding or loading and after disembarkation.
• It is strictly forbidden for passengers to carry firearms, explosives, flammables, combustibles and other dangerous substances or materials on board.
• There are specially designed cabins with easy access on all vessels and all common areas are also easily accessible. Due to limited availability, it is advisable to book early.
• Disabled persons or persons with reduced mobility must notify the company, at the time of reservation or purchase of the ticket, of their specific needs with regard to accommodation, seating or services required or their need to bring medical equipment.
For any further assistance, the company or the port agent must be notified of the person’s need for such assistance at the latest 48 hours before the assistance is needed.
• Luggage may be left inside the vehicles. Passengers are kindly requested to take their personal belongings that might be used during the voyage.
• Access to the ship’s garage during the voyage is prohibited.
• The Company shall not be held responsible in case of loss of money or valuables excepting the fact of checking them at the Purser’s office after an agreement for safe keeping.
• The limit of liability for loss or damage to cabin luggage shall be determined by the relevant provisions of Regulation (EU) No 392/2009 of the European Parliament and Council of 23.04.2009.
• Use of public areas on board is free for all passengers.
• It is prohibited to sleep in the lounge areas, bars and corridors.
• The “Camping All Inclusive” service is valid throughout the year.
• The “Camping All Inclusive” service is strictly valid for “officially registered” Campers/Caravans which must be fully equipped with private facilities. Conventional cars, minibuses or boats cannot benefit of the “Camping All Inclusive” service.
• “Camping All Inclusive” passengers are welcome to use all public areas of the ship. The supply of electricity for campers and caravans is free of charge.
• For safety reasons, it is not allowed to use propane or any other cooking or heating gas during the entire stay on board.
• The following credit cards are accepted in the shops, the “self service restaurants” and the “à la carte restaurants” on board: AMERICAN EXPRESS / DINERS / VISA / MASTERCARD / EURO CARD.
• EURO is the official currency on board.
• Pets travel in cabins available for pet carriage* or in specially designed kennels on the ship’s deck**.
• Pets are not allowed in indoor public areas or cabins. Pet owners are responsible for their pets’ feeding and hygiene. Pet owners are required to bear their pets’ valid health documents in original format, recently updated.
(*) Service provided on board the vessels Cruise Europa, Cruise Olympia, Europalink, Knossos Palace & Festos Palace.
(**) Service provided on board all vessels of the fleet.
• Fares and timetables listed in this catalogues are based on conditions existing at the time of print.
• Passengers are responsible for complying with all port, health and customs regulations.
• Passengers must comply with the instructions given by the captain or the crew regarding public order and safety on board.
• Passengers must contact the captain or the staff captain should a complaint arises while on board. They may also contact the company or the Port Authorities after the end of the journey.
• The rights and obligations of both the passengers and the Company regarding domestic routes are governed by L.3709/2008 and the Regulation No 1177/2010 of the European Parliament and the Council of 24 November 2010.
• The Company reserves the right to substitute the vessel for which the ticket was issued after approval from the Ministry of Mercantile Marine, when it is required.
• Timetables, fares and travel terms and conditions are subject to changes without prior notice. In case of a substantial increase of fuel prices, the Company reserves the right to change the fares without prior notice.
• Arrival times quoted in timetables indicate the ship’s arrival at the port’s entrance (pilot station).
• The company is not liable for any delay or cancellation resulting from deviation or from not keeping the scheduled route due to bad weather conditions or orders by the Ministry of Mercantile Marine or due to force majeure.
• In case of cancellation of itineraries or suspension of scheduled itineraries, which are not due to event beyond the control of the company, the liability of the company is limited to the refund of the fare to the passenger, in case the Company has informed the passenger (a) one week before the scheduled departure for the domestic lines and (b) fifteen days before the scheduled departure for international lines.
• This contract of carriage is governed by Greek Law. Any claim arising from this contract is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Piraeus, irrespective of its legal basis. Carriage, whether domestic or international, is subject to the provisions and financial limits of responsibility which are provided by the Regulation (EU) No 392/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the 23 of April 2009, to the extent that the above provisions apply to the carriage of passengers, their luggage and vehicles, as they are in force in Greece.
• Passengers are required prior to their trip to always consult their travel agencies, the Company’s Central agencies, Port Agencies or the official website (www.minoan.gr) to be informed for any schedule changes or deviations from the published itineraries.